As a business to business provider of products and services, personal information collected and maintained by Wholesalepak generally comprises of:
• Customer name, address, contact details (including phone, fax and e-mail) and trade references;
• Names and addresses of the directors, proprietors and owners of corporate customers and any personal guarantors, which is collected as a part of our credit application processes;
• Customer credit card details;
• Reports from credit reporting agencies.
This personal information is collected for the purposes of establishing a relationship with our customers, performing the necessary credit checks in accordance with our credit application processes, providing and marketing our goods and services to customers and receiving payment for the same.
Use and Disclosure of personal information
Personal information is used by Wholesalepak for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying you and for servicing our relationship with you.
Your contact details may also be used by us for the purposes of sending marketing correspondence to you. You may make a request to us not to receive direct marketing communications.
Wholesalepak undertakes not to sell, rent or trade personal information. We will not disclose personal information to third parties for them to market goods and services to you. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless the use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where use or disclosure is authorised under the National Privacy Principles are:
• where the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law;
• use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
• use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect a criminal offence or seriously improper conduct;
• use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for court proceedings; or
• you have consented, either expressly or impliedly, to our disclosing the information about you.
As with most business organisations, Wholesalepak relies on third party suppliers (agents) to conduct specialised activities such as mail-outs and the dispatch of Internet messages. These agents act on behalf of Wholesalepak and do not facilitate their own commercial agendas whilst processing your personal information. While personal information may be provided to these agents to enable them to perform their agreed tasks, such information remains the property of Wholesalepak at all times and the agent organisations involved may not use or disclose it for their own purposes.
Personal information quality
We seek to keep personal information that is accurate, complete and up-to-date. To assist us with this, please contact us if any of the details you have provided change. Further, if you believe that the information we have about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, contact us and we will correct it.
Personal information security
Wholesalepak is committed to keeping secure the data you provide us and we will take all reasonable precautions to protect your personal information from loss, misuse or unauthorised access or alteration.
We destroy personal information when it is no longer required by us.
Promotional and marketing material
We acknowledge and respect an individual’s choice to opt- out of Wholesalepak direct marketing communications activities. Should you decide you do not wish to receive marketing or promotional materials from Wholesalepak please contact us in writing (via email, fax or letter), being sure to include your name, address and contact details, or as directed in any particular promotional material you may receive.
Changes to this statement
Wholesalepak may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time for any reason. We will publish those changes on our web site.